Its been another busy weekend for enquiries at Cocoon Vehicles and the focus has been on Land Rover’s, which is something we usually do more of in the winter time.
So is it the rainy weather thats got people clicking on these 4×4’s on the website or is it the fact that the Government has allowed you to exercise almost anywhere and want to have a jolly into the Peak District or the Lakes?
Lets dig into the cars a little and point out what we feel are the 5 best features of each of these models.
Land Rover Discovery Sport
The ‘Sport’ part of the name, is always a little confusing when it comes to the Land Rover lineup, but effectively means a small, sleaker, smarter and more compact version of its bigger brother the Discovery.
Lined up side-by-side, the Evoque and the Discovery Sport have the same underpinnings and engines. But the Evoque is aimed at luxury, comfort and good looks. The Discovery Sport is boxier and utilitarian, with chunky knobs and lots of bumper.
Here are the 5 best things we love about the Discovery Sport:
- The engines are a great improvement on the older models and our favourite is in fact the Petrol version (We currently have the P250 available as of 8th June 2020). its quiet, punchy and pretty economical. The Diesel (we currently have the D180 in stock as of 8th June 2020) is nice and torquey but requires a bit more time to get up to speed.
- We’ve currenty got the R-Dynamic HSE (Correct as of 8th June 2020) in stock and these cars are technology packed. The Connected Navigation Pro system is a much needed improvement on the old system and the optional Apple CarPlay is great for integrating with you iPhone.
- The Sound System provided by Meridian is fantastic and the R-Dynamic HSE version comes with no less than 10 speakers and a subwoofer, it a great system to get those summer tunes blasting out on your drive out.
- As 7 seaters go, you can’t go wrong with this car. Like with most 7 seaters on the market, the two rear seats are more suited to younger children. With the seats folded, the car gives you plenty of boot space.
- Economy wise, this vehicle is really quite good. It will easily get you from London to Durham and back, with a quick stop off via Barnard Castle on a tank and a bit of Diesel. The Petrol one might need a little bit more fuel, but it really isn’t too bad.
So thats the Land Rover Discovery Sport covered and we’d love to hear your comments on this.
Range Rover Evoque
It was hard not to spot the Range Rover Evoque when it came out back in 2011, everybody wanted one and most people opted for the white version. It was really popular on our short term car lease schemes and at one point we had approx. 35 on the road.
The Range Rover Evoque is the baby of the RR line up, sitting under the Velar. But its chassis is based on the Discovery Sport. The Evoque is focused more at those who want the Range Rover Ethos of luxury and comfort.
The Evoque really did contribute to Land Rover’s success when it was launched and its easy to see why, the real trendsetter of modern day SUV’s.
Here are the 5 best things we love about the Range Rover Evoque:
- The comfort of the Evoque is really impressive and it doesn’t matter what size Alloy’s you go for, it flows over the bump and grind of the road with ease. The seats are comfortable and depending on the derivative, you have lots of options for driver adjustments.
- Engine-wise, its pretty much the same as the Discovery Sport. We currently have the D180 and the P250 in-stock. As always, we prefer the petrol’s in this Range Rover line-up, but don’t dismiss the Diesel. If you do plan on towing anything, we’d opt for the Diesel everytime.
- From Cruise Control, to Park Assist and not forgetting the ICE, the Evoque has plenty of tech. We currently have the R-Dynamic SE available on our short term car fleet and this has plenty of gadgets to keep you busy and more importantly, safe.
- Terrain Response – If you have the need to go off road (not permitted in our short term fleet of course!) the Terrain Response is fantastic and reliable, which is one of the reasons why it makes all of the Land Rover products ideal for the winter period.
- If you don’t need the space of a Discovery Sport, then the overall package of the Range Rover Evoque is not to be missed. From the quiet cabin to the performance of the engines, right down to the standard specification of even the basic models.
As you can see from the article above we’re huge fans of the Range Rover Evoque and we think you will be too.
Get more information
If you’d like more information on taking a Land Rover Discovery Sport or a Range Rover Evoque on a short term car lease, car subscription or flexi-rent then get in touch with the team by calling 01332 290173. You can also complete the Online Form below.
If you’re looking at taking either vehicle on a long term car lease, check out our Find a Car Lease service where we do the car lease shopping for you!
We have also highlighted many sections of this article so you can find out a bit more information on the vehicles and offers.